Mission and Values
Our mission is to enable people living with autism in Scotland through the whole life journey.
Our vision is a world where everyone with autism can lead meaningful and fulfilling lives and be recognised as valued members of the community.
Our core values include the following:
- A person-centred approach to support to children, young people and adults living with autism
- Upholding the right of service users to have input to their services
- The promotion of positive and inclusive lifestyles, enabling people living with autism to make a positive contribution to their local community
- Investment in staff support and learning
- A commitment to stakeholder involvement
- Promoting mutuality of support and respect through the highest standards of integrity
- To be an open and accountable organisation
What constitutes “enabled” from the point of view of our principal stakeholders?
A) Service Users
- Opportunities to exercise informed choices, through education and experiences
- Engagement in their own lifestyle
B) Parents and Carers
- Quality of life for the child
- Quality of the parent or carer’s own life
- Shared experiences with other families and carers
- Education, advice, and “How to” guidance
- Access to support
- Engage with the autism community
- Establish support networks
C) Commissioners (such as Social Work and Education departments)
- Maximise benefits to all with learning disabilities within each annual budget
- Partnership working
- Making the overall business case for greater budgets
The key concepts underpinning our mission are inclusion, potential, citizenship, individualism, progression, responsibility and leadership.