We will work with your organisation or business to provide a personalised training service, increasing your awareness and understanding of autism.
Who are our training courses for?
Our bespoke learning events are aimed at organisations or businesses who would like their staff to have a solid understanding of autism as a developmental difference. This could be from a wide variety of settings including support services, educational establishments, workplaces and customer service roles. If you are autistic or identify as autistic, you may wish to contact our Autism Advice Line.
Autism is a lifelong, developmental difference in the way a person communicates, interacts and processes information. Every autistic person is different and our training aims to increase understanding of these differences. By doing so we strive to create communities that support autistic people to live happy, healthy and fulfilling lives.
How does our bespoke training work?
Our bespoke learning events can be delivered face to face or online. An experienced Autism Community Advisor will work with your organisation or business to provide a personalised training service, designed to focus on developing a solid understanding of autism as a developmental difference.
Special attention is paid to how this may look in the context of your business or organisation. We recognise that every business and organisation is unique and we are dedicated to bespoke partnership working.
We will use our expertise and knowledge to support your employees or team to understand key aspects including; understanding autism, sensory and communication needs, reducing stress and increasing wellbeing.
What have participants said about our bespoke training events?
As a line manager responsible for a range of staff with different needs, I found the training extremely beneficial. The training allowed my staff to be open about their needs to work as part of a team, and has given me a greater understanding of all of my team’s individual working and learning styles, to support them going forward.
The process to arrange the training was very easy and Scottish Autism were flexible to accommodate a mixture of needs. I would highly recommend that anyone who manages staff to engage with this training.
Ashleigh Morrissey, Data Manager at Public Health Scotland
To learn more about our bespoke training events and associated costs for your organisation or business, please contact us:
Email to find out more or call 01259 222022.
You may also wish to consider our Consultancy services that will provide you and your business or organisation, with advice and guidance on how to attract and retain autistic staff, and how to provide a welcoming and accessible environment for your autistic clients.
These Terms and Conditions apply to all training that we deliver, whether it is online training, a course that we are delivering at your workplace or bespoke training that you have commissioned Scottish Autism to deliver.
All training that is booked, must be paid for prior to the date of the training to be delivered.
1. We can invoice you for payment, in circumstances where the training date is at least 42 days (6 weeks) in advance. You must provide full details of your finance department and a Purchase Order number (where relevant) upon booking, so that an invoice can be sent out promptly.
2. If an invoice is requested, payment terms are 30 days from date of invoice. Full payment must be made at least 7 working days prior to the training date.
Payments for training booked less than 42 days in advance must be made by one of the following methods:
1. Payment via the training course booking system on the website. 2. We will accept payment by BACS. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Please note that full payment must be made at least 7 working days prior to the training date.
Cancellations and refunds
1. You have the right to cancel within 14 days from the date the booking was made, or payment received, whichever is the latter. Please communicate your cancellation to us by emailing email@example.com
1. Any cancellations received 14 working days before the date of the course will receive a full refund. If you have booked your training course within 14 days of the date of the course, you will not be entitled to a full refund.
2. Cancellations received between 7-14 working days, will receive 50% refund.
3. Cancellations received within 7 working days of the date of the course will not be refunded.
4. In the event that we cannot allocate you a place on a training course that we are running, your payment will not be processed, or it will be refunded.
The price per delegate for each of our online training courses is specified on our website. Costs for our online training webinars, on-site training and bespoke training will be confirmed with you directly.
Course Date Transfer
Scottish Autism reserves the right to alter, or cancel, a training course due to circumstances outside of our control (e.g. adverse weather conditions, illness/unexpected unavailability of a trainer, lack of internet connection for virtual training). Every effort will be made to give as much notice as we can, although this may not always be possible in some circumstances. Should an event of this nature happen, we will endeavour to reschedule your course as soon as possible. In these circumstances, if you are not able to attend the rescheduled date, or another suitable date, we will offer a full refund.
Scottish Autism is committed to preserving your privacy and safeguarding your personal data. This policy will help you understand what information we collect from you, how we use it and your rights and choices in managing your data. Find out more here!